Rob Speyer is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Tishman Speyer. Over the past decade, Rob has led the firm's global expansion, doubling its assets under management to over $65 billion, delivering more than 50 million square feet of mixed-use development and redevelopment projects globally, and adding more than 13,000 units to its residential portfolio and development pipeline. Today, Tishman Speyer serves the needs of nearly 1,800 industry-leading customers in 30 markets around the world.
Rob has driven the firm's growth and entry into new markets across the U.S., Asia, Europe and Latin America, and the development of innovative new business lines. His accomplishments at Tishman Speyer include:
- Working with leading architects around the globe, Rob has spearheaded new residential, office and mixed-use developments in the world's most vibrant cities, from San Francisco, New York and Boston to Frankfurt, Berlin, Shanghai and Shenzhen.
- Rob's vision for distinctive, progressive place-making has led to new development partnerships with such institutions as Harvard University, the San Francisco Giants, the San Diego Padres and Beijing Capital Steel to create the next generation of dynamic, large-scale urban neighborhoods.
- Rob co-founded Breakthrough Properties, a life science real estate investment, development, and operations firm that uses cross-sector collaboration to deliver modern environments in support of scientific research, innovation, and discoveries. Breakthrough is a Tishman Speyer joint venture with Bellco Capital.
- Over the last 25 years, he has led Tishman Speyer's reinvention of the iconic Rockefeller Center in New York City and its over 6 million rentable square feet, capped by the creation of Top of the Rock, one of the world's most successful observation decks.
- In 2012, Rob directed Tishman Speyer's launch of a RMB-denominated real estate fund, the first ever sponsored by a non-Chinese company. To date, the company has successfully closed on 9 RMB funds with total equity raised of RMB 13 billion.
- Rob has leveraged Tishman Speyer's global portfolio and vertically integrated platform to make venture capital investments in 19 promising early-stage proptech firms over the past 3 years.
- In 2020, he led Tishman Speyer's successful launch of a proptech-focused SPAC, the first sponsored by a major real estate company.
- Rob has also championed a range of initiatives designed to enhance the health, productivity and quality of life of Tishman Speyer's customers and local communities, including the tenant amenities platform ZO. and Studio, its flexible office and co-working brand.
Rob serves as Co-Chair of the Partnership for New York City, the city’s leading civic organization comprised of the CEOs from the New York’s largest companies who employ more than 1 million New Yorkers.
Rob is Chair of the Advisory Board of the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City, the government’s nonprofit arm. He was originally appointed by Mayor Bloomberg in 2005, reappointed by Mayor de Blasio, and most recently by Mayor Adams.In 2013, he became the youngest ever Chairman of the Real Estate Board of New York and served in the role for five years. He also serves on the Board of the Real Estate Roundtable and the Board of The City, a nonprofit digital news platform. Rob is active on the Board of Trustees of NewYork-Presbyterian, where he serves on the Executive Committee and as Chairman of the Real Estate Committee, and St. Patrick's Cathedral, where he was Co-Chairman of the Construction Committee overseeing the New York City landmark's restoration and renovation. He is also Vice Chair of the Shanghai Mayor's International Business Leaders Advisory Council. An emeritus member of the Board of Visitors at Columbia College, Rob graduated magna cum laude from Columbia in 1992 and was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa Society.