Bobby joined Taubman in 1976 and held positions of increasing responsibility until 1992 when he was named chairman, president and CEO.
An active community member and strong advocate for the shopping center industry, Bobby's many professional, charitable and civic commitments include:
- Serving on the Advisory Board of Governors of the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Member and immediate past chairman of the Real Estate Roundtable
- Member and past trustee of the Urban Land Institute, and founding chairman of the Detroit Regional District Council
- Member and past trustee of the International Council of Shopping Centers
- Board member of Comerica Incorporated
- Board member of Business Leaders for Michigan
- Trustee of the Cranbrook Educational Community and chairman of the audit committee
- University of Michigan Investment Advisory Committee
- Council member of the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs at Harvard Kennedy Schools.
- Executive committee of Southeastern Michigan Council of Governments
- Past board member of Sotheby’s Holdings, Inc.
Bobby holds a bachelor's degree in economics from Boston University.