As The Real Estate Roundtable marks its 20th anniversary, its members have re-elected Debra A. Cafaro (Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Ventas, Inc.) as Chair, while approving its Board of Directors for the 2020 fiscal year (July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020).
Roundtable President and CEO Jeffrey DeBoer and Roundtable Chair Debra A. Cafaro (Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Ventas, Inc .) during The Roundtable's June 2019 Annual Meeting.
- The election results were announced by Roundtable President and CEO Jeffrey DeBoer during the organization's Annual Meeting earlier this month in Washington.
- The 23-member FY2020 Board is elected from the membership and includes four elected leaders of national real estate trade organizations from The Roundtable's 17 partner associations. Three new Roundtable members join the FY2020 Board.
- Cafaro, whose three-year term as chair began July 1, 2018, said, "We welcome our three new industry leaders to the Board and express gratitude for the service of our three outgoing members, who contributed greatly to The Roundtable's success in the past year. With such deep expertise among our membership, we will develop practical solutions to the pressing policy challenges ahead that not only affect our industry, but provide a positive impact to communities throughout the nation."
- DeBoer stated, "As we move beyond our first two decades of advocacy work in Washington, The Real Estate Roundtable will continue to bring together the top leaders in commercial real estate with our partner real estate organizations. Our mutual goal remains consistent – provide policymakers with fact-based analysis that supports responsible economic growth policies, creates sustainable jobs and increases the quality of life for working Americans."
Joining The Roundtable's Board of Directors as of July 1 are:
- Scott O. Jones, Principal, Jacobs Inc. and Chair and Chief Elected Officer, Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), International
- Amy Rose, President & CEO, Rose Associates
- Robert Spottswood, President of Spottswood Companies and Chair of the American Resort Development Association (ARDA)
Stepping down from The Roundtable Board as of July 1 are:
- Tom Baltimore, Jr., Chairman, President & CEO of Park Hotels & Resorts, and Immediate Past Chair of Nareit
- Steve Hason, Managing Director and Head of Americas Real Estate & Infrastructure with APG Asset Management US and Immediate Past Chair of PREA
- David Neithercut, former President & CEO of Equity Residential
The Roundtable's FY2019 Annual Report – Building Strong Public Policy: Now and For the Future – was also released during the June meeting.