Roundtable Recommends Policies to Spur Infrastructure Investment and Economic Growth
March 20, 2019
Repealing FIRPTA, streamlining permit procedures and passing infrastructure financing measures will help spur infrastructure improvements and contribute to economic growth, according to recommendations submitted this week by The Real Estate Roundtable to the House Ways and Means Committee.
In the March 20 Statement for the Record for a recent hearing regarding “Our Nation’s Crumbling Infrastructure,” Roundtable President and CEO Jeffrey DeBoer states, “A holistic approach to expanding and modernizing our aging infrastructure will create American jobs, boost economic growth, and improve the quality of life in all regions of the country.”
- Unlocking private capital by repealing the Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA).
- Streamlining the permitting process.
- Increasing the federal gas “user fee” in a responsible and sustainable manner.
- Revising IRS “volume caps” and other limitations on private-activity bonds (PABs).
- Improving the Transportation Infrastructure Finance Innovation Act (TIFIA) loan program through measures such as the RAPID Act (S. 353).